If you are searching for a place to have an unforgettable Christmas holiday, then Bethlehem, Pennsylvania’s Christmas events will surely make this into a reality. Not only can you expect to have a cool and white Christmas, but you are going to love some of the events that the city has in place during this time of year, like the Bethlehem, PA Christmas lights. You have never seen anything like them before! So, whether you are from the area or from across the country a Christmas Bethlehem, PA style is always in season.
Attractions and Events
Throughout the holiday season, Bethlehem has a planned out schedule of festive incorporations for all ages. There are plays at the local theatre, bus tours around the city to see the holiday sites and even holiday walks for charities.
One such event, beginning in November, is the Christmas at SteelStacks celebration at the local campus. Here you will find holiday décor of all kinds, lights and music all of the 30s era surely leave you ready for the holiday cheer that is to come.
If you are searching for a unique and cultural experience unlike any other, the Edgeboro Morovian Putz is perfect for you. Morovians that belong to the Edgeboro Morovian Church host a putz every year, a gathering of holiday displays. Their displays are adorned with lights and holiday representations of what the season means in their religion and culture. You can call the church to schedule a tour of the many holiday displays that the group has created, which will surely leave you in awe.
While You’re Here in Bethlehem
While Bethlehem has tons of things to do when you visit in the holidays, this certainly does not mean that the rest of the year they are uneventful. On the contrary, Bethlehem has more family activities than anyone would even imagine.
Kemerer Museum of Decorative Arts, the Moravian Museum of Bethlehem, or perhaps the Moravian Book shop, one of the oldest bookstores in the country. Great shopping can also be found at Main Street commons, with lot of local crafts and foods.
Where to Eat in Bethlehem
Now, you can’t just visit Bethlehem without trying their cuisine. The following restaurants are sure to leave your belly as satisfied as Santa:
- Copperhead Grille- If you are looking to watch football this season while in Bethlehem, and looking for some great food, then this is the place. With a wide menu that can satisfy small and large appetites you are sure to get a great meal and enjoy the game too.
- Billy’s Downtown Diner- If you are looking for ambience and a great diner experience, then Billy’s is the place for sure. They offer great entrees from burgers to mac and cheese for the kids, and perhaps some of the best desserts around.
- Bolete- If fine dining is on the menu, then you must visit the world renowned restaurant Bolete, where their ingredients are their pride. The ambience, the fine cuisine and the service promise to make your romantic evening unforgettable.
Where to Stay in Bethlehem
If you are searching for a place to stay while you are in Bethlehem then look no further than one of the following hotels:
- Historic Hotel Bethlehem- This centrally located hotel is perfect if you are planning on commuting between Allentown and Easton at all during your trip. Guests are always pleased with the comfort and the amenities that this hotel offers both in-room and on the premises.
- Hyatt Place Bethlehem- This hotel is a great choice, not only for families but for those who are on business in the area. The Hyatt offers comfortable rooms, plenty of amenities and great customer service to all their guests.
- Hampton Inn- Hampton stands for clean, comfort and quality, and that’s just what you get when you enjoy the comforting confines of this great, centrally located hotel.
Aside from the amazing Bethlehem, PA Christmas events, you are sure to love this town, whether it is December or not!